SCCM 2012 SSRS Error – DataSource Reverts

I was mucking around in my test lab tonight and managed to break SSRS (again) on my SCCM 2012 installation again. I was getting the following error.

  • “An error occurred during client rendering.
    • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot impersonate user for data source ‘AutoGen__5C6358F2_4BB6_4a1b_A16E_8D96795D8602_’. (rsErrorImpersonatingUser)
        • Log on failed. (rsLogonFailed)
          • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors ”

 

I worked out that I could go into the Report via the Reporting Website, create a new Datasource, and then it would work fine again….until, SCCM reverts the permissions back every 10 minutes to what is stored and encrypted in the SSRS Database. I then thought uninstalling the Reporting Services point and re-installing SSRS would do the trick. But it didn’t change anything. As soon as the Reporting Services point was back up, I started getting the same issues.

To get it to work, here are the steps I used…

  • I recreated the account that the Reporting Services Point was using to connect to the Reporting Server. (Not sure if this needs to be done, or whether the next step fixed it completely….)
  • I then changed the following registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\SRSRP\SRSInitializeState key
    on the Site Server to a value of 0. This re-imports the all of the Reports again.

Check the SRSRP.log file to see what is happening under the hood.

Looks like something is going to happen?

Sure enough, all the reports start to rebuild. This also seems to recrate the DataSet / DataSource for the connection which seems to get rid of that error!

Hyper-V Error – An Authentication error.

Hyper-V Error – An Authentication error has occurred. The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted.

Today I was trying to connect to a Hyper-V Virtual Machine when I started to get this error on all of the VM's on that particular host. I was connecting to the Hyper-V host via a Windows 8 Workstation via the Hyper-V Manager.

Hyper-V Error

At first I thought it was an issue with my account, but it wasn't. After hunting around for ages and running out of ideas, I stumbled across the obvious. The Hyper-V host didn't have the correct DNS servers set.

ncpa.cpl

So I changed the DNS Servers to the correct ones that were being used in my Domain and bob was my uncle!

DNS Servers

 

Hope this helps!

 

 

 

Report Builder 3.0 Fails to Install

If you find that the Report Builder 3.0 Click Once Application fails to install, you might have the same issue I have had in this blog post.

 

I tried to create a Report in SCCM and when the ClickOnce Application for Report Builder 3.0 tried to install it got this error.

 

WOW, soo helpful, thanks Microsoft! Click on Details, and you will get some more helpful information. Scan the log file for something similar to below.

 

ERROR SUMMARY

    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

    * Activation of http://<server>/ReportServer/ReportBuilder/ReportBuilder_3_0_0_0.application?http://<server>/ReportServer/ConfigMgr_MTL/Hardware%20-%20Memory/Memory resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

        + Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version for this application or uninstall the preexisting application.

This is most likely generated because you have installed Report Builder 3.0 once before. To fix this all you need to do is to clear the Click Once Application cache. Open up a command prompt and then type the following "rundll dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache" **NOTE** this command is case sensitive, I found that I had to type it exactly.

Now try again to Create or Edit a report.

Hope this helps!