I had some issues with uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services in my SCCM Lab environment. It turns out there are a few steps not mentioned in the microsoft documentation that you need to do in order to do a fresh install, without carrying any configuration settings over from the previous install. Here are a few dot points on what I had to do.
- Remove the Reporting Services Point from SCCM
- Appwiz.cpl > Microsoft SQL Server 2012 > Remove > Remove Reporting Services
- Manually delete the ReportServer Database and the Temp Report Server Database
- Delete the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER) folder.
- Reinstall SQL Server Reporting Services and select install only during the installation.
- Open up Reporting Services Configuration Manager and configure your accounts.
- Make sure that the Websites are set in Reporting Services Configuration Manager or you won’t see a Sql Instance when you try to create the Reporting Services point in SCCM. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4479e73e-8a19-4c7e-9418-b36770656b9b/sccm-2012-reporting-point-server-instance-blank